September 5, 2011

Crumble like sugar, but sweet like sugar.

At some point in life, our lives are thrown into a void of pitch-black, and it wasn't just any simple darkness of night cloaked above our heads. In the void, we hear voices, fear and loss. Losing what many would have taken for granted and never thought they would ever lose.

And then my heart sank and my mind blanked. What is going to become of me? And what is going to become of everyone around me. Just what is going to happen? People come and go and love walks right out the door the minute you leave that door unlocked. Not literally, of course.

You feel and think about how unfair life has been. Who said its never been this way? If life was fair, there wouldn't be a wedge driving the rich and poor apart. There wont be the healthy and the sickly. You won't see where many of us are today. Life, indeed is unfair, but the irony of it all is that when you actually sit down and start giving thought to what life really is all about, time tend to swift past no slower than you can gulp down that cup of warm milk before bed time. There's so much to life that we all tend to overlook, and there's so much to this overlooking that we neglect.

Just what is worth dying for?

Long time ago, I found a precious thing that i wont truly trade for anything in this world, and if you'd ask me whether I've truly loved before, why don't you take some time off to reflect on whether you have truly loved before? Of course, i must say - my idea of love is not limited to romantic love and pure lovemaking. Also, it is quite upsetting to know that people around me associate love with whom they're infatuated with or lust for.

Afterall, love is not about possessing. if we want what we want, thats wanting, not loving.

Surely, I dont really understand the whys and hows of love. It's just something so magical. There is indeed so much to know about love and so much for love to find its way to us. That night when you held me a glass jar of love, I didn't even notice that a chocolate brownie trapped in it. I was just too mesmerized with your presence. I had to look around for a very long while before stealing a kiss from your lips. That chocolate brownie lasted inside my room for a week, before I got too lazy to buy packed dinner. When I take a bite into the pastry, I realised that love isn't always so magical. Sometimes, it's just melting.

Go think about it, and let that marinate a little bit. Come to a conclusion of your own. Love can be subjective, but it can be so universal too.

Of course, even if love gets washed away by the rain in the path of life, as long as we're true to each other, nothing beats having close friends you can really count on, for there is nothing more beautiful than how the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline no matter how many times it's been sent away.

No comments:

Post a Comment