April 9, 2013

Look at a person like you're blind.

I want to look at you like I'm blind. I want to feel your body with my eyes closed, and know about your rough edges and perfect curves. I want to tear off my skin and make you wear it, so I could feel your back and your front all at the same time.

I want to know why you are so beautiful me. I want to know if it's those long lashes and big eyes that makes conversation shiver in excitement, or the way you always smile like a little boy excited with his fine piece of work built with Lego bricks. Or perhaps it could be the way you sing to me, and even though it is usually off-key, and Elmo has a far more pleasing sound, I've always loved to hear you sing.

I want to understand things about you that I cannot see and didn't know, things like the people you've ever been in love with, why you loved them and why they loved you. I want to know about the times you think you'd never make it through. I want to know the first time you felt the weight of hate, and if that day still trembles beneath your bones. I want you to tell me about all the ways you've been unkind.

See I wanna know what you see in a mirror on the days you're feeling good. I wanna know what you see in a mirror on the days you're feeling bad. I wanna know the first person who told you that your beauty could ever be reflected on a lousy piece of glass. I wanna know the person who told you that your worthiness could ever be reflected with a scar on your bum. I wanna know whoever told you that you aren't beautiful, then ask them come, I punch them for you. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment