February 29, 2012

Skylight

I haven't been in theatrical productions for quite sometime. I'm still quite surprised as to why V would ask me to direct the drama for her because I, obviously, has never been familiar with stage directing and dramatic acting. Nevertheless, I've decided to give extra focus on this stage play because I see potential in some of the kids. Might be yelling at them soon if I don't see improvement, and I hope I'm not going to portray myself as "that asshole, Mr Ryuu (or Guo Wei, however they want to call me)".

There is this one kid who surprised me with her level of maturity and ideas in her mind that sets her apart from the other 16-year-old. Kind of like a 16 year old me, she reminded me of myself when I was her age. This kid has the blueprints for dreaming the impossible, and the courage to be alone in her thoughts. Being ostracized in school, yet believing in herself that she is stronger and better. I'm starting to take a liking into this kid.

I've laid out a somewhat general plan of the marinating the kids I'm working with before I start grilling them. I hope they can take it, cause if they can't, there's no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment