March 21, 2013

Plagiarize the thoughts of people who've learnt the wisdom of silence.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I keep saying that I'm sorry. I know it's strange, strange in a "Why hasn't anyone learnt the difference between 'your' and 'you're' yet?" kinda way. But I say I'm sorry for stupid shit and trivial things and he sings the sweet logic that apologies should grow like trees, only able to bear fruit if it's root is planted in the soil of genuine sincerity.

Because before I met you I used to want to lock myself into a vault just to feel precious, just to feel wanted and loved. But now with every kiss hello and good bye - I feel a self-worth no banker can tally. Now I wanna know what it would be like to know you phonetically, to hold you unapologetically.

And, I'm sorry that when you sleep next to me, or when you sleep on the floor, you're forced to listen to the symphony of the unplugged nostril. And I'm sorry for calling you names, that's fucked up. Fucked up in a 'I just bought a boat so I can go rowing with you' kind of way. And crazier than that is the fact that I'll play at being brave. Now, don't doubt about the worth of your life. When you're trying to dodge a tidal wave, when you've got no time to save anybody but yourself - you better believe that you're worth it.

And you're worth the time it takes to take the time to get to know you. We've managed to muddle through the awkward stages of I like you and do you like me. And when we both said 'yes' life became a multiple choice test, not knowing anything we could be each others' best guess. And, to be able to hold your hand is less like exploration and more like discovery.

And, like the best idea I'll ever have, I want you to occur to me daily. And, I'm sorry, but I want to kiss you every time you have something incredible to say. But you're beautiful, beautiful in a 'you' kinda way. I wanna tell you a secret and I want you to listen with your lips. I want my hands on your hips, I want to put myself in your heart, like they were their final resting place. I'm more inclined to find a space in your heart to haunt for as long as you want me to.

And, this isn't the greatest romance the world has ever seen. I've come to realize romance should be less like a flower and more like an earthquake. And I'm not saying that I wanna shake cities to the ground, where we find the kind of tolerance to rebuild in the face of tragedy. Because I'm tired of living in a world that says people only come together when faced with catastrophe. I want you and me to come together to face everything. I want you to want me to be the me you see, and as for romance well I want that too.

I wanna fall asleep next to you a million times a night so I can know you a million times better before we hit the daylight. And in spite of all of these, I also want amnesia. So that I can relive each kiss with a perfect newness. But I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I want so much. I'm sorry that I've been using I'm sorry as a crutch to lean on for so long. But if you sing me that song of sweet logic again then I promise to make the effort to stand on my own."

No comments:

Post a Comment